EOA Membership Information
Who Can Belong
Membership in the Eastern Orthopaedic Association shall be open to qualified Orthopaedic Surgeons and Allied Health Professionals who practice within the geographic boundaries of the Association or outside the United States and meet the qualifications and criteria established for members as established in the EOA Bylaws, Article IV – Membership, Sections 2-6, available for viewing on the EOA website here.
Requirements For Active Membership
For those applying for Active Membership, it is necessary to identify by name and address two (2) Active or Emeritus Members of the Association whom the applicant believes will recommend or sponsor election to membership. Of these two (2) Association Members, only one (1) can be a professional associate. Only one (1) letter of sponsorship can come from the applicant's training institution.
- Be a physician who maintains a full and unrestricted license to practice Medicine within the geographic boundaries of the Association or practices outside the United States;
- Be a Fellow in good standing of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons or an equivalent organization as determined in the sole discretion of the Association;
- Agree to be bound by and adhere to the Principles of Medical Ethics of the American Medical Association. Members of the American Osteopathic Association agree to be bound by and adhere to the Code of Ethics of the American Osteopathic Association;
- Maintain high professional, moral and ethical standards within your community;
- Comply with the dues, fees and assessment requirements as well as these Bylaws and Policy Statements established from time to time by the Board of Directors.
Requirements For Candidate Membership
- Be a physician who has completed an approved ACGME Orthopaedic Residency Program, has eligibility for American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery or American Osteopathic Board of Orthopaedic Surgery certification, and for a duration of five (5) years thereafter, intends to apply for Active Membership.
- During such time, the Candidate Member must maintain a full and unrestricted license to practice Medicine within the Association's geographic boundaries or show evidence of full-time medical service in a branch of the Federal Government which does not require licensure.
- Sponsors are not required for those applying for Candidate Membership.
Candidate membership is intended primarily to serve as a vehicle for the transfer of information concerning the activities of the Association to physicians who aspire to Active Membership in the Association.
Requirements For Allied Health Professional Membership*
1. Graduate from a recognized and accredited professional school with certification as Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, Doctor of Medicine, or Doctor of Osteopathy.
2. Hold current licensure in a state within the geographic area of the EOA or the provinces of Canada and be practicing in the same area.
3. Hold current licensure in a state within the geographic area of the EOA or the provinces of Canada and be practicing in the same area.
4. Practice profile is exclusively (100%) musculo-skeletal.
5. Applicant for membership must be sponsored by a physician member of the EOA.
6. Successful applicants will pay dues in the amount of $100.00. Allied Health Professional Members will be non-voting members and ineligible to hold office, but may be appointed to a committee, in an ex-officio capacity, at the discretion of the EOA Board of Directors.
II. ACTIVE MEMBERS
In addition to the requirements set forth under "Requirements," applicants for active membership must have their major office or practice within the geographical area of the Association.
III. INTERNATIONAL MEMBERS
Applicants must fulfill the requirements set forth in Section II.
1. Each applicant must be sponsored by one voting member of the Association.
2. Submit completed application form via this Web Site (preferred) or directly to
the Eastern Orthopaedic Association via the following:
Eastern Orthopaedic Association
110 West Rd, Suite 227
Towson, MD 21204
3. The applicant will be notified of the Action of the Association after the next Board of Directors Meeting.
Click here to become a member